Branson brings a lot to the table – shows, attractions, tons of family fun, and more. In celebration of football season kick off, we’re bringing something new to the table and saving a seat – just for you!
Sure to please everyone at the tailgate, these pretzel dogs with pumpkin beer cheese dip are easy to make and prepare – and pretty fun, too! Follow our recipe below, and then pull up a seat at our table. You’re always welcome in Branson, Missouri.
- 8 defrosted frozen dinner rolls
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- coarse salt
- Roll each dinner roll into a rope. Make sure it’s thin enough to wrap around each hot dog! Wind each one around a hot dog from top to bottom, tucking the dough into itself so it doesn’t unravel.
- Boil 32 ounces of water.
- Carefully pour baking soda into the boiling water.
- Place 2 pretzel dogs into the water for about 30 seconds total. Use a slotted spoon to remove them and place them on either a pan to cook or a cooling rack temporarily.
- Combine and mix egg and water. Use a food brush to cover in the egg wash and sprinkle the coarse salt on top.
- Place the dogs on a sprayed baking sheet if you haven’t already. Bake at 450F for 6-8 minutes, or until the dogs are as brown and cooked as you want them to be. While they’re cooking, start making the cheese dip!
- 12 ounces of pumpkin beer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- a dash of cayenne
- a dash of salt
- a dash of pepper
- 10 ounces of Vermont Cheddar Cheese
- Pour the beer into a measuring cup and stir to get some of the carbonation out.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium pot.
- Add the flour and constantly whisk until the mixture is smooth and light tan.
- Slowly, add the beer and continue whisking. Increase the heat as high as you need to and leave at a simmer for about 3-4 minutes, continuing to whisk.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, cayenne, salt and pepper, and continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cheese in 3 parts. If you want to make it easier, shred the cheese beforehand.
- Taste the dip and add any additional seasonings you may want.
- Serve warm with pretzel dogs!
Enjoy! We can’t wait to see you in Branson! Find all of your shows, attractions, and lodging at our site!