June… the start of summer. Cookouts, family get-togethers, church picnics, and neighborhood block parties get in full swing. This super easy recipe is great to have on hand for any occasion. We plan on bringing this to the big 4th of July cookout this year! Let the kids help too. They can help crumble the cake, mix the strawberries, or build the layers.
- 1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Large Container of Cool Whip Reserve some for the topping
- 2 Cups Strawberries Can substitute with Frozen Strawberries
- Make & Bake Strawberry Cake according to the box. Allow to cool completely.
- While the cake bakes, hull and slice or chop the strawberries.
- Combine strawberries, condensed milk, and lemon Juice in a bowl, cover and set in the fridge.
- Fold in Cool Whip with the strawberry mixture.
- Crumble the cake and make layers of cake & strawberry mixture.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- If you wish, reserve a couple of whole strawberries to slice and use as decoration on top of the cake.
- This should be served immediately, or the very next day.