When you have SIX brothers getting ready for a evening show, you are bound to have six hearty appetites looking for something to get them going.
Tish Knudsen (bride of Lynn) sent us this recipe, saying it is one of the brothers’ favorites. After making these for ourselves we can totally see why! I think we all gained a pound or 2 devouring these delightful treats. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to see if there is anymore and perhaps get a glass of milk.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs red food coloring
- 3/4 tsp White Vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F
- Whisk the 2 large eggs together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter
- In a large bowl, mix butter with sugar, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar.
- Fold in flour to the mixture above. Do NOT over mix.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with non-stick spray. (don't forget the sides)
- Pour batter into pan, leaving a little extra in the bowl for later.
- In a separate bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract using hand mixer on medium speed. Mix for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Spoon dollops of the cheese cake filing on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
- Pour extra brownie batter over the top of both layers.
- Using a butter knife, start at the top of the pan and go through the batter and cheesecake filling from side to side across the pan. Once you have gone side to side all the way across, change directions and do the opposite.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes. They are done when a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.